COVID-19 Update 3/30
Q&A with Renee DeMarco CEO
- Drive-thru (to save time Print your deposit slip at home)
- Phone (248)263-4100
- Mobile banking and other online services
- Have your transaction slips filled out before getting to the window. (Download)
- Avoid the drive-thru completely by using our ATM for deposits, withdrawals and balance inquiries.
- Or use our online banking and mobile app. Remember you can deposit checks through our mobile app.
- Staff regularly disinfects surfaces throughout the day
- Actively following strong social distancing practices
- Educating staff, urging them to stay safe always
COVID-19 Update 3/23
What the Michigan shelter in place order means for our membership.
Dear People Driven Credit Union Family,
We find ourselves in extraordinary circumstances, coming together to ensure the health and safety of our families, neighbors, and members as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to escalate. The health and safety of our team and our members is our top priority.
The governor recently issued orders directing all non-essential businesses to close in an attempt to slow down the spread of the coronavirus. Being a financial institution, People Driven Credit Union is considered an essential business. As such we will remain open to service our membership during this crisis. We are considered an essential business and will remain open, we will continue to follow guidelines and recommendations from the CDC.
We will maintain normal drive-thru hours:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Remember to use all of our digital options, including:
- Speak with us via phone (248) 263-4100
- Use one of nearly 30,000 CO-OP ATM’s nation-wide free of charge
- Use your debit and credit cards as usual
- Log in 24/7 to your account via personal computer or smartphone
- Deposit checks via remote deposit capture on your smartphone (Video)
Along with our regular services, I want to remind you that your People Driven Credit Union funds are Federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
We will keep you posted on any new developments.
As always; Stay calm, stay safe, and most importantly, please stay home as much as you can!
CEO & President
Lobbies Closed & Regular Drive-Thru Hours
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 5 pm
Friday 9 am – 6 pm
Saturday 9:30 am – 1 pm
What you can do online:
- Wire Transfers
- Loan Applications
- Membership Applications
- Transfer Money
- Transaction History
- View Past Statements
- Mobile Deposits
Additional Drive-Thru Services:
- Money Orders
- Loan Checks
- Make Loan Payments
- Corporate Drafts
- Cash withdrawal limits $2,500
COVID-19 Update 3/17
A message from the Board of Directors of People Driven Credit Union
March 17, 2020
Dear Valued Members,
This is an unprecedented time for all of us and we wanted to share with you the measures we are taking regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Your health and safety are our top priorities and at the heart of every decision, we make. We believe it’s critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation.
- Branch lobbies have been closed until further notice. Contact center and drive-thru hours have been expanded to ensure we are available to assist you when you need us.
- We have developed loan and payment assistance programs. You may be experiencing financial hardship, we are here to help. Our team is ready to create a plan with solutions to fit your situation.
- We are diligently following guidelines and best practices from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Across all of our branches, we have increased our daily cleaning routines, including more frequent hand washing, and sanitation of equipment.
For a number of weeks now, People Driven Credit Union has been following our business continuity plan to ensure that access to funds and services remains certain. We have secure systems in place to allow essential functions to be performed remotely in order to avoid interruption to member services. Your deposits are insured through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA); you can be confident that your money will always be here for you when you need it.
While the environment around us is uncertain, we take comfort in the fact that we have an exceptional team and a strong supportive community. We remain prepared to serve and hope that our website, apps and social channels can be a source of support and solutions for you. As always, we value your credit union membership and look forward to serving all of your financial needs.
We are continuing to implement measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in addition to our own health and hygiene protocols.Renee DeMarco CEO of People Driven Credit Union
Centers for Disease Control
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Resource Page
- CDC 2019 Novel Coronavirus Situation Summary
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), February 2020
- Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist
- CDC Travel Guidance
- CDC Communication Resources
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
State of Michigan
State of Michigan
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information Page
- MDHHS Interim Recommendations for COVID-19 Community Mitigation Strategies
- Local Health Deparment Map
- Bridge Magazine: Coronavirus Michigan
World Health Organization (WHO)
- WHO Advice for the Public
- Checklist for Pandemic Influenza Risk and Impact Management: Building capacity for pandemic response
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Myth busters
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
People Driven Credit Union will continue to employ rigorous sanitation standards including:
- Ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe workplace
- Specified intervals for disinfection of important areas
- Accessible hand washing and sanitized work stations
People Driven Credit Union members have access to many remote services available 24/7 including:
If you have been impacted by COVID-19 and find yourself facing financial difficulties, we encourage you to reach out to us to discuss how we might be of assistance.248-263-4100
COVID-19 Update 3/13
People Driven Credit Union’s Continuity Measures
For a number of weeks now, People Driven Credit Union has been following our continuity plan to ensure that the access to funds and services remains certain. Member’s deposits remain guaranteed by the NCUA and full faith of the United States of America.
People Driven Credit Union has secure systems in place to allow essential functions to be performed remotely in order to avoid interruption to member services.
The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) requires continuity plans to be practiced consistently for this type of challenge by all credit unions. We have been following this plan from the beginning and will continue to do so moving forward.