Guess the weight of the Great Pumpkin Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
*Disclosure: *No purchase necessary.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The 2019 Southfield People Driven Credit Union (PDCU) Guess the Weight of the Great Pumpkin Contest begins on Monday, 107/2019 and ends at 1 pm on Thursday, 10/31/2019 EST. One (1) winner will be selected with the closest guess in pounds to the actual weight of the pumpkin displayed at 24333 Lahser Rd. Southfield, MI 48033. Guesses including ounces will be rounded to the nearest pound. In the event of multiple correct entries, a single winner will be selected at random from all entries that are correct or equally closest to correct. Winner will be selected and announced on 10/31/2019 after 2:00 pm.
- SPONSOR: People Driven Credit Union (PDCU)
- ADMINISTRATOR: People Driven Credit Union (PDCU)
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open only to legal residents of the State of Michigan who must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
- PDCU employees, board members, and their families are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
- AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the sponsor and the administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, an adult must: A) visit the Southfield branch of People Driven Credit Union, located at 24333 Lahser Rd, Southfield, MI; B) Obtain an entry form and write in your guess of the weight of the pumpkin on display in our lobby; C) Entrant must then take a picture of themselves WITH the pumpkin AND their entry sign showing their guess, the picture must clearly and legibly display their guess on the entry form; D) Post that picture to their Facebook or Instagram social media profile, including the hashtag #PeopleDrivenCU. PDCU will automatically be notified of posts using that exact hashtag and if all criteria are met, the entry will be included in the contest. One entry per person for the contest. No in-person entries will be accepted. All entries must be posted, as described, on Facebook or Instagram social media platforms. Pictures must be posted between 10/7/2019 – 10/31/2019 1:00 pm to Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag: #PeopleDrivenCU.
- To be eligible for this contest, all picture entries must be in good taste and favorable demeanor towards contest sponsor, PDCU, who reserves the right to disqualify entries they deem as inappropriate.
- PDCU reserves the right to share any picture entry to this contest, regardless of winning status. PDCU shall be held harmless in regard to the activity of contest entrants.
- WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: One (1) PRIZE winner will be selected. The prize will consist of a Visa Gift Card in the amount of the correct weight of the pumpkin in pounds. One pound equals one dollar. The prize amount will be announced at the time of the announcement of the winner. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries. In the event of multiple correct or equal guess entries, all correct entries will be placed in a random drawing of all eligible posts meeting the specifications of these rules. Winners will be selected by PDCU’s marketing department.
Winners will be announced Thursday, 10/31/2019 at approximately 2:00 PM EST on the PDCU Facebook Page and Instagram accounts. It is the winner’s responsibility to contact the credit union about claiming your prize.
All prizes must be claimed, or arrangements made with PDCU by 5pm 11/8/2019. Winners may contact us by phone at 248 263-4122 to make arrangements to claim the prize.
Winners will have six(6) business days to respond to PDCU. Failure to respond by the end of the sixth business day will result in the selection of a new winner(s).
All winners must sign an PDCU release form for PDCU to use the winners name for purposes of advertising and promotion on behalf of PDCU without further compensation.
If a potential winner fails to timely return the required documents, the opportunity to participate will be forfeited and no alternate winner will be selected. Winners will be randomly selected by PDCU’s marketing department. The odds of winning any drawing depends on the number of eligible entries received for that drawing. Winners will be responsible for all taxes (federal, state, local and/or income) and all expenses not listed related to acceptance and use of prize. No substitution of prize permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prize, in whole or in part, for one of comparable or greater value due to unavailability for any reason, as solely determined by Sponsor.
During the winner notification if the selected winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, cannot be present, cannot pick up the prize, or does not wish to comply with official rules, they will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected and notified as per the procedures outlined above.
- CONDITIONS / RELEASE: Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by PDCU in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
By participating, entrants, on behalf of themselves and their child (a) release contest entities, their respective directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize including, but not limited to, its quality or availability. Neither contest entities nor any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or website, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant or any other persons computer or movie equipment related to or resulting from participation in this contest.
By accepting a prize, winner grants PDCU the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), email address, voice, biographical information, written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting the Sponsor, its products, website, and/or this contest or succeeding contest, without compensation unless required by law. Winners shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), email address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to sponsor and its affiliated companies, agencies or marketing partners with respect to all entrants in the contest, including non-winners and winners. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTEST ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE JUDGING OR VOTING PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the contest is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the sole opinion of sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entries received as of the date of the termination, cancellation or suspension, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the contest or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will registrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and registrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Michigan.
- WINNERS: To receive Promotion results (winners list), send an email with the Subject Line PHOTO CONTEST Winners List to Dave Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received by November 29, 2019.